Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Brought to you by The Developing Librarian team at Columbia University

Browse Items (46 total)

  • Collection: Fire Engine Company No. 47

A 1916 advertisement for a pamphlet published by the Civil Service Chronicle containing "the most exhaustive argument ever presented on the subject of why firemen should be emancipated from the slavery of the 21 hours' duty a day."

Columbia Spectator cover story on the University Hall fire, October 10, 1914.

Portrait of General Alexander Shaler

Firemen's Hall, erected 1854 was the last fire house built during the volunteer era, and later served as headquarters for both the Metropolitan Fire Department and the New York Fire Department.

Map of Manhattan fire districts, 1888.

A photograph of a page from the Engine Company No. 25 journal for the morning of April 26 1895. This journal is on display in the New York Fire Department Training Center on Randall's Island.

A photograph of Engine Company No. 47's Ward LaFrance 750 GPM Booster

Photograph of Firemen reading in a fire house.

The 1881 annual Report includes a full listing of the updated Rules and Regulations, pages 7-147.

Covers all of Manhattan, New York (N.Y.) Shows boundaries and also fire dept. buildings. Oriented with north to upper right of sheet. Includes key.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2