Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Brought to you by The Developing Librarian team at Columbia University

Browse Items (217 total)

Photograph of an American LaFrance 2nd Size (Metropolitan) Steamer leaving Engine Company No. 47 quarters on August 25, 1920, the day the fire-horses were retired.

This photograph of Engine 47 on Amsterdam Avenue between 113th and 114th streets was published in the 1920 Fire DepartmentAnnual Report, with the caption, "Passing of the Horse (Last Company in Manhattan to be Motorized, Engine Co. 47)."

Postcard with a view of Riverside Drive, looking north.

One of the many photographs that were published of the consecration and preceding events.

Section of 1891 Bromley Atlas of New York City, edited to show the original land purchases of New York Hospital on the Heights, 1816-1821.

Detail of the Bromley Atlas of New York City from 1891, showing the grounds of the Bloomingdale Asylum, with added numbers for buildings and features, roughly in the historical order of their addition to the grounds.

A map of Morningside Heights found in Atlas of the city of New York, Manhattan Islandbased onactual surveys and official plans.

"Before the first note of the organ sounded," observes the author of the article in which this photograph appears, "every seat in the crossing save those reserved for the junior clergy was occupied."

This apartment house and the two adjoining private residences on the southeast corner of 122nd Street and Riverside Drive were torn down to make way for the Riverside Church.

Letter from Nicholas Murray Butler to William Darrach.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2