Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Brought to you by The Developing Librarian team at Columbia University

Browse Items (217 total)

"Cathedral Heights" was one of a number of early names used for the neighborhood now known as Morningside Heights. The view on this panoramic postcard is from ca. 1898 to 1904.

The Cathedral of St. John the Divine under construction, showing the eastern great arch and the Chapel of St. Saviour.

An aerial view of Morningside Heights, ca. 1930s.

In this early photograph (ca. 1925), one can still observe the semi-dome of the apse as originally designed by Heins and La Farge. This semi-dome was later redesigned to harmonize more plainly with the increasingly Gothic style of the cathedral.

A view of the unfinished cathedral, looking up and west from Morningside Park.

One of the two chapels in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine that were designed and built by Heins and La Farge. The other was the Chapel of St. Saviour.

Bookplate for the Margaret Olivia Sage Library.

Margaret Fuller, a leading figure in the American Transcendental movement and an enthusiastic observer of the work of Pliny Earle at Bloomingdale.

Photograph of the Superintendent's House, constructed in 1852. In the background one has a glimpse of the Porter's Lodge on the right near the road and the barn or stables on the left.

Photograph of the new Bloomingdale Asylum campus in White Plains, from the 1894 Annual Report of New York Hospital.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2